Beautiful Day Butterfly & Flower Stamp
It’s a beautiful stamping day! This post features the “Beautiful Day” stamp set, which can be found in the Occasions catalogue. It comes with a large butterfly, a large flower and a few sentiments. A simple set but super versatile. Mix and match this set with sentiments from other sets to make all types of cards!
I made two cards with the stamp set, both with the butterfly / flower as the main focus.
Beautiful Day Butterfly
- Cut Bermuda Bay card stock 81⁄2 x 51⁄2, score down the middle at 41⁄4 and fold in half. This will be the card base.
- Cut Black card stock 5 1⁄4 x 4. This will be the outside frame.
- Cut White (or Shimmery white) card stock 5 x 3 3⁄4. This will be the working sheet for stamping.
- Stamp the butterfly image and the sentiment.
- Colour the butterfly, using the Bermuda Bay dark and light Blends markers.
- Cut Silver glitter paper, in the shape of a small heart. Adhere to the center of the butterfly.
- Cut a small strand of silver string sequins. Adhere to the heart.
- Tape the working sheet to the outside frame.
- Adhere the outside frame to the card base, with dimensionals for added depth.
Voila you’ve got a simple but pretty, all-occasion card! Feel free to play around with the colours, whether you choose to use Blends, watercolour ink, pencil crayon, etc. Have fun!
Beautiful Day Flower
- Cut Crumb Cake card stock 81⁄2 x 51⁄2, score down the middle at 41⁄4 and fold in half. This will be the card base.
- Cut Crumb Cake card stock 5 1⁄4 x 4. This will be the embossed card. Emboss using the Basket Weave embossing folder (or any other pattern of your choosing).
- Stamp the flower image and cut out with scissors.
- Colour the flower, using Stampin’ ink and the aqua painters. I chose Power Pink and Old Olive for this one.
- Stamp the sentiment (I used the “Let’s Celebrate” from a Sale-A-Bration freebie) and cut out using circle Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Cut out wood grain paper using circle Stitched Shapes Framelits. Adhere to embossed card.
- Cut 1⁄4 white doily. Adhere to embossed card.
- Wrap a white ribbon around the embossed card and tie a small bow.
- Adhere remaining pieces to embossed card using tape and dimensionals.
- Adhere the embossed piece to the card base, with dimensionals for added depth.
Stamp with purpose and enjoy!
Designs by Ronda Wade. Many thank to the West Coast Creators team!
Shop Online 24/7
Feel good shopping with Stamping for Good! All profits, from your order(s), will be donated to the current charity campaign. For more information, please see the latest campaign. As a thank you for your order, I will also send you a complimentary handmade card.
Other Project Ideas
Here are some other great project ideas, using this set. Curated by me on Pinterest. Enjoy!